Somewhere to get whatever KHS worksheets etc. we’re free to distribute and wish to make available here.
While some may be self-explanatory, others may only make complete sense in the context for which they were written, but all are tried-and-tested KHS workhorses as either simple reference sheets or the kind of ‘starter’ course materials we’ve found to bring both structured progression and fun to activities like S1–2 guitar, bass and drums.
Please feel free to use them anywhere, subject to the simple courtesy of maintaining the visible attribution to www.khsmusic.info and Kinlochleven High School if you do.
Simple Reference Sheets
- Treble Clef from C to A’ (PDF, 2017-10-30)
- Bass Clef from E to C’ (PDF, 2015-06-04)
- Keyboard note strips (PDF, 2015-06-08), for which we don’t expect you to maintain the visible attribution in use!
- Sharp Seven, Flat Four: Alliteration for major key signatures (PDF, 2017-11-21)
‘Starter’ Course Materials
- Some first chord shape ‘journeys’ for guitar (PDF, 2017-03-27)
- Some picking patterns to try (PDF, 2015-06-05)
- Building a four-bar drum rhythm (PDF, 2015-06-04)
- Simple Blues/Rock Bass 1 (PDF, 2017-11-23)
- Simple Blues/Rock Bass 2 (PDF, 2015-06-06)
(Not sure exactly what’s coming next and when, but hoping to have our fail-safe method for ‘Higher’ one-octave transposition between treble and bass clefs and some other bits and pieces up soon!)