We have two visiting High Life Highland music instructors at Kinlochleven High School:
- Miss Hollingdale teaches violin, viola, cello and double bass.
- Mr Reynolds teaches trumpet, trombone, tuba, French horn, tenor horn, euphonium and all things brass.
You don’t have to be taking Music as a course choice to learn an instrument, which the Music Tuition leaflet reminds us can do all this for you:
- Improve health and wellbeing.
- Promote good discipline and organisation.
- Provide a sense of achievement.
- Provide life-long skills.
- Improve self-confidence.
- Promote fun and enjoyment.
Not only that, but it can actually make you better at everything! If you’re wondering how, the TED video How playing an instrument benefits your brain explains in just 4 minutes, 30 seconds of clear, narrated animation, so please watch that. :-)
For further information, please see the leaflet linked above, check it out on High Life Highland’s Music Tuition pages or ask Mr Duggan.